Although the Church of Christ strongly proclaims that we have,"No Creeds but Christ," we do believe that a basic statement of faith is essential to stop heresy.
- We believe in the existence of God in three persons,God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.We believe God as being the creator and ruler of this world, who created man in His own image. [Book of Genesis].
- We believe in the absolute inspiration and final authority of the Bible. “All scripture is God breathed (inspired) and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. (2 Tim. 3:16-17) The Bible does not contradict itself.
- We believe in Jesus' virgin birth, His sacrificial death,His bodily resurrection on the third day and ascension,and His personal return. [The Gospels].
- We believe that all people have sinned and therefore are separated from God. "For you were like sheep going astray, but now you have
- returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls." (1Pe 2:25)
- We believe in repentance for sins towards God and faith in Jesus Christ as being necessary for salvation. We believe that true Christian conversion (salvation) is only possible by confession, repentance and forgiveness. The process of which is brought about by the Holy Spirits' conviction and our realisation of sin in our life - a recognition that we all fall short of the glory of God, can never measure up and therefore need a Saviour. One's walk is to be by faith and grace alone:- “For it is by grace that you have been saved, through faith – and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God – not by works, so that no one can boast”. (Eph. 2: 8-9)
- We believe in baptism by immersion, which is done when one is fully aware and conscious of the true nature of sin, and as an act of obedience to follow Jesus. "We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life." (Ro 6:4)
- We believe that for real unity within the Body of Christ (Christian believers regardless of denomination) to be possible, that Ephesians 4: 1-6 “As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. Eph 4:4 There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to one hope when you were called — one Lord, one faith,one baptism;one God and Father of all,who is over all and through all and in all" - needs to be strictly adhered to.
- We believe that all the Gifts of the Holy Spirit including signs, wonders and miracles that were present in the early Church are also present, available and operating in -the Church today. "God also testified to it by signs, wonders and various miracles, and gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his will." (Heb 2:4)
- We believe that prayer should be at the heart and centre of every believer’s life, and therefore should embrace and cover every aspect of Church life. "And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned he will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective. (jas 5:15-16)